Be our Harry and Meghan
THIS HAS NOW CLOSED
The Sheraton Grand London Park Lane has a long history of bringing people together in the heart of Mayfair. From glamorous post-war parties for socialites and celebrities, through to sumptuous modern weddings, we’ve helped create everlasting memories for many.
The news of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s engagement thrilled the nation and as a popular and historical wedding venue ourselves, we wanted to add just a little to the joy – and help one lucky couple create some everlasting memories of their own.
So, we’re making the hotel – our magnificent Art Deco ballroom, our prestigious Grand Suite and a full wedding service package - available to Harry and Meghan should they want them, completely free, compliments of us.
Naturally, not the Harry and Meghan but another Harry and Meghan. A real couple, a Harry and a Meghan (or a Harry and a Harry or Meghan and Meghan, irrespective of spelling) with a real intent to marry in 2018.
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you by 9 AM on Wednesday 7th March 2018.
We don’t want to steal focus from the Prince and his bride-to-be completely, so we’re asking that our lucky couple be available to get married on Friday 4th May 2018.
THIS HAS NOW CLOSED
Full terms and conditions apply, please see below.
Terms and Conditions
- By entering this competition, each participant and their partner will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to any private individual and their partner residing in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland. The competition is open to couples named Harry and Meghan, Harry and Harry and Meghan and Meghan. Variables in the spelling of both names will be accepted and winners will be expected to provide proof of name and age in the form of a passport or driving license, alongside reasonable proof of relationship.
- Participants must be 21 years or older.
- To be eligible for consideration of the “prize” (as detailed in clause 9) individuals must introduce themselves and their partner, tell us the story of how they met and submit a recent photograph directly to us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrants must provide a contact telephone number and email address. Entry by any other channel or means of communication will be deemed invalid.
- Entry opens at 10:30 on Wednesday 14th February 2018 and closes on Wednesday 7th March 2018 at 12:00.
- A shortlist of three entries will be picked by the hotel’s wedding team based on inspirational merit, originality, sincerity and romantic qualities. Each of the three shortlisted entries will be subject to a short telephone phone, following which a single overall winner will be selected. The decision made by the team is entirely at their discretion and based on their interpretation of each entry in-line with the factors highlighted above.
- The shortlisted entries will be contacted by telephone no later than 18:00 on Friday 9th March 2018 with the winner notified in writing via email no later than 18:00 Monday 12th March 2018. If no confirmation of the acceptance of the prize is received with 72 hours of the offer, the organizer reserves the right to recede the offer and pick another winner.
- In the event a suitable winning entry is not found during the time period specified in clause 7, the organizer reserves the right to close the competition without issuing the “prize”
- The “prize” is defined as follows and is subject to change at the discretion of the hotel. The “prize” is non-negotiable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternative. Anything not listed below can be assumed as not included and therefore is the responsibility of participant. With the exception of the Grand Suite, which is available for use by the bride and groom only, guest numbers cannot exceed 150:
- Use of the ballroom at the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane
- Red-carpet arrival with British sparkling wine, based on 2x glasses per person
- Four-course meal including wine, based on ¾ bottle per person (both menu and wine options are at the discretion of the hotel)
- A registrar to conduct the marriage
- 1x overnight stay in the Grand Suite (on the night of the wedding, cannot be deferred).
- A dedicated wedding planner
- consultation with Executive Chef
- Menu tasting
- Floral table center pieces (chosen by the hotel)
- Table plan
- Place cards
- A wedding photographer
- A one-hour planning consultation with wedding expert B.LOVED (available at selected times only)